Stay Informed
of New Reports
Where To Report Waste
Fraud, Abuse, Or Retaliation
Where To Report Waste Fraud, Abuse, Or Retaliation

Department of Veterans Affairs OIG

Agencies Overseen: 

Department of Veterans Affairs

What to Report to the OIG Hotline: 

The Hotline accepts tips or complaints that, on a select basis, result in reviews of:

• VA-related criminal activity
• Systemic patient safety issues
• Gross mismanagement or waste of VA resources
• Misconduct by senior VA officials

The VA OIG investigates substantial allegations of whistleblower reprisal against employees of VA contractors, grantees, subgrantees, and personal services subcontractors. The VA OIG reports substantiated allegations of reprisal to the employer and VA for corrective action.

What Not to report to the OIG Hotline : 

The Hotline does not accept complaints that are unrelated to programs and operations of the Department of Veterans Affairs nor that are addressed in another legal or administrative forum:

Claim for VA disability and pension benefits, and ratings, appeals, or home loan issues Veterans Benefits Administration (1-800-827-1000)

Claim for VA education benefits Veterans Benefits Administration (1-888-442-4551)

Patient health care dispute Patient Advocate at your local VA medical facility

Tort claim or other legal issue/case/claim Local VA Regional Counsel office (202-461-4900)

VA billing issues - Compliance and Business Integrity 1-866-842-4357

Litigation matters Private counsel; applicable court

Employee grievances, unfair labor practices, union matters Local union representative, Federal Labor Relations Authority

VA employee whistleblower retaliation issues U.S. Office of Special Counsel (1-800-872-9855)

Other VA employee whistleblower issues and concerns about VA employee VA Office of Accountability and Whistleblower Protection
performance and accountability (855-429-6669) or (202-461-4119)

Whistleblower disclosures not related to the VA U.S. Office of Special Counsel (1-800-872-9855)

Discrimination and EEO complaints for VA employees, former VA employees, VA Office of Resolution Management (1-888-566-3982)
and applicants for VA positions

Discrimination and complaints related to the Uniformed Services Employment U.S. Department of Labor's Veterans' Employment and Training Service
and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and the U.S. Office of Special Counsel

Personnel actions/adverse action appeals/MSPB matters U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board

Disagreement with law or other political dispute Your elected legislative official