Stay Informed
of New Reports
Where To Report Waste
Fraud, Abuse, Or Retaliation
Where To Report Waste Fraud, Abuse, Or Retaliation

Small Business Administration OIG

In fulfillment of the Inspector General Act, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Inspector General (OIG) provides auditing, investigative, and other services to support and assist the SBA in achieving its statutory mission. OIG provides independent, objective oversight to improve the integrity, accountability, and performance of the SBA and its programs for the benefit of the American people. OIG seeks to improve SBA programs by identifying key issues facing the Agency, recommending corrective actions, and promoting a high level of integrity.

Agencies Overseen: 

Small Business Administration

What to Report to the OIG Hotline: 

If you suspect fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement of federal funds involving U.S. Small Business Administration programs, operations, or personnel you may report it to the SBA OIG Hotline.

What Not to report to the OIG Hotline : 

A. If you have a question regarding an SBA loan or any SBA program, please contact your local SBA District Office or the SBA Answer Desk: 1-800-U-ASK-SBA (1-800-827-5722) or For information specific to disaster loans, you may contact the SBA Disaster Loan Customer Service Center: 1-800-659-2955, or visit their website by CLICKING HERE.
B. If you are a small business facing unfair or excessive federal regulatory compliance or enforcement issues such as repetitive audits or investigations, excessive fines and retaliation, the SBA National Ombudsman may be able to assist you. You may file a complaint with the SBA National Ombudsman by following the procedures provided on their website by CLICKING HERE.
C. If you suspect fraud, waste, or abuse involving personnel or programs of a federal agency other than the SBA, you may make a complaint directly to the OIG of that federal agency or to the Government Accountability Office (GAO). Links to Offices of Inspectors General can be found on the website of the Council of the Inspectors General for Integrity and Efficiency by CLICKING HERE. Additionally, GAO has established a website to receive complaints of fraud, waste or abuse involving Federal funds, which can be accessed by CLICKING HERE.
D. If you are having a problem with a product or service purchased from a business or merchant, you should contact your state or local government's consumer affairs department, state attorney general's office, or local Better Business Bureau.
You may also consider contacting the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC is the nation’s consumer protection agency. To contact the FTC, you may find information on their website by CLICKING HERE, or by contacting them by telephone at (202) 326-2222.
E. For general federal government information, you may find information on the Internet at, which can be accessed by CLICKING HERE. You may also reach them by phone at 1-844-USA-GOV1 (1-844-872-4681).