AmeriCorps, Office of Inspector General
If you know about waste, fraud, abuse, misconduct, mismanagement, or whistleblower reprisal relating to a AmeriCorps employee, program, operation, grant or contract, you may report it to the AmeriCorps OIG Hotline. AmeriCorps OIG has jurisdiction over disclosures involving AmeriCorps employees, programs, operations, grants, and contracts, including these AmeriCorps programs:
- AmeriCorps State and National
- AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America)
- AmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps)
- FEMA Corps
- Senior Corps (Foster Grandparent, Senior Companion, and RSVP)
CNCS-OIG also has jurisdiction to investigate allegations of whistleblower retaliation involving:
- Employees of AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps grantees, subgrantees, contractors and subcontractors.
Examples of matters to be reported to AmeriCorps OIG:
- Any suspected criminal activity or violations of law, such as:
- Any other misconduct in connection with operations, programs, activities, contracts, subcontracts, grants or subgrants;
- Mismanagement, abuse of authority or other misconduct by any AmeriCorps personnel.
Fraud theft, conversion, misappropriation, embezzlement or misuse of funds or property by any person, including AmeriCorps personnel, grantees, subgrantees, contractors or subcontractors;
Corruption, bribery, kickbacks, acceptance of illegal gratuities, extortion or conflicts of interest in connection with operation, programs, activities, contracts or grants;
Concealment, forgery, falsification or unauthorized destruction of government records.
NOTE: AmeriCorps Grant Terms and Conditions REQUIRE AmeriCorps-funded grantees and subgrantees to report any of the above to AmeriCorps OIG and AmeriCorps without delay.
The following matters are NOT generally investigated by AmeriCorps OIG:
- 911 emergencies
- EEO Complaints (For such matters, please refer to the AmeriCorps Equal Employment Opportunity Office)