Office of the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community
There is within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence an Office of the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community that oversees programs and activities within the responsibility of the Director of National Intelligence (Title 50 U.S.C.A. Section 3033).
The Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (ICIG) conducts independent and objective audits, investigations, inspections, and reviews to promote economy, efficiency, effectiveness, and integration across the Intelligence Community.
Suspected waste, fraud, and abuse in programs and activities within the responsibility and authority of the Director of National Intelligence. Report to the Hotline if your allegation potentially involves:
- A criminal act,
- Administrative misconduct,
- Fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement in an Intelligence Community program or activity,
- An unauthorized disclosure of classified or sensitive national security information, or
- An illegal intelligence activity.
The ICIG Hotline Program also processes:
- Allegations of "Urgent Concerns" filed pursuant to the Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act, and
- Requests by persons within the Intelligence Community for the ICIG to review their allegations of reprisal under Presidential Policy Directive 19, Protecting Whistleblowers with Access to Classified Information.
- 911 Emergencies (Call 911 directly)
Note: Matters for which regulations prescribe a different avenue for redress may be referred to other appropriate offices, such as Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity, Security, and/or Civil Liberties, Privacy, and Transparency, to address suspected wrongdoing.