Nuclear Regulatory Commission OIG
The Office of the Inspector General at NRC established the Hotline program to provide NRC employees, other government employees, licensee/utility employees, contractor employees, and the public with a confidential means of reporting incidences of suspicious activity to the OIG concerning fraud, waste, abuse, employee or management misconduct, and retaliation for protected disclosures. Mismanagement of agency programs or danger to public health and safety may also be reported through the Hotline.
- Contract and procurement irregularities
- Conflicts of interest
- Theft and misuse of property
- Travel fraud
- Time and attendance abuse
- Misuse of government credit card
- Abuse of authority
- Program mismanagement
- Misuse of information technology resources
- 911 Emergencies
- Imminent safety concerns regarding licensees or licensed facilities should be reported to the NRC’s 24-Hour Headquarters Operations Center at (301) 816-5100. These include:
-- Any accident involving a nuclear reactor, nuclear fuel facility, or radioactive materials, or
-- Lost or damaged radioactive materials, or
-- Any threat, theft, smuggling, vandalism, or terrorist activity involving a nuclear facility or radioactive materials.