Federal Housing Finance Agency OIG
FHFA-OIG promotes economy, efficiency, and effectiveness and protects FHFA and the entities it regulates against fraud, waste, and abuse, contributing to the liquidity and stability of the nation’s housing finance system. We accomplish this mission by providing independent, relevant, timely, and transparent oversight of the Agency in order to promote accountability, integrity, economy, and efficiency; advising the Director of the Agency and Congress; informing the public; and engaging in robust enforcement efforts to protect the interests of the American taxpayers.
Please contact FHFA-OIG if you have any information regarding:
• Possible waste, fraud, abuse, mismanagement, or other misconduct involving FHFA employees, programs, operations, contracts or subcontracts
• Possible violations of Federal laws, regulations, rules, or policies pertaining to FHFA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, any of the Federal Home Loan Banks
(FHLBanks), or the FHLBanks’ Office of Finance
• Possible unethical activities involving employees of FHFA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, the FHLBanks, or the FHLBanks’ Office of Finance
FHFA-OIG also has jurisdiction to investigate allegations of whistleblower retaliation involving FHFA employees and employees of FHFA contractors, subcontractors, and grantees.
The following matters are NOT generally investigated by FHFA-OIG:
• Requests for foreclosure assistance help
• Qualified Written Requests (QWRs) and other correspondence about the servicing of your mortgage loan or to assert errors regarding your loan account
• EEO Complaints (For such matters, employees should contact their employer’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office.)