Department of State OIG
- Department of State
- U.S. Agency for Global Media (f/k/a Broadcasting Board of Governors)
- U.S. International Boundary and Water Commission, United States and Mexico, U.S. Section
Report information about fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement, as well as other crimes or violations of federal laws, rules, and regulations, related to U.S. Department of State, U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM), or U.S International Boundary Water Commission (IBWC) programs and operations to the OIG hotline.
Such information may include allegations concerning:
- Public corruption
- Conflict of interest
- Other criminal or administrative misconduct involving employees, contractors/subcontractors, or grantees/subgrantees.
Information on fraud indicators can be viewed here.
Department of State OIG also has jurisdiction to investigate allegations of whistleblower retaliation involving:
- Employees of Department of State, USAGM, and IBWC contractors, subcontractors, grantees, and subgrantees; and personal services contractors
- Department of State employees who believe their security clearance or access to classified information has been taken in retaliation for whistleblowing
The following matters are generally not investigated by Department of State OIG:
- Visa issuance issues (Please contact the U.S. Visas section of the Bureau of Consular Affairs)
- Passport issuance issues (Please contact the National Passport Information Center)
- Equal Employment Opportunity matters (Please contact the Office of Civil Rights)
- Local state government benefit issues such as food stamps and housing assistance
- State correctional facility treatment and conditions
- 911 emergencies