Federal Reserve Board & CFPB OIG
Trusted Oversight: We provide independent oversight of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to improve the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of their programs and operations and to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
Anyone may report fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement related to the programs or operations of the Board or the CFPB by contacting the OIG Hotline. Examples of the types of activities to report include:
- violations of federal laws, rules, and regulations relating to Board and CFPB programs and operations
- violations of laws, rules, or regulations that compromise or impact the supervisory programs of the Board or the CFPB
- ethics violations or conflicts of interest by Board or CFPB officials
- employee misconduct, such as abuse of authority or misuse of position
- contract and procurement irregularities related to Board or CFPB programs and operations
- theft or abuse of Board or CFPB property
- travel card or purchase card fraud
- waste or mismanagement of funds or government resources
We are unable to intervene in or investigate individual consumer complaints against institutions or other entities supervised by the Board or the CFPB. For these complaints, please refer to information on consumer complaints against financial institutions.