Department of Health & Human Services OIG
330 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20201
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Inspector General's (OIG) mission is to protect the integrity of HHS programs as well as the health and welfare of program beneficiaries. In doing so, we rely on complaints by HHS employees, contractors, subcontractors, grantees and subgrantees (i.e. whistleblowers) who report fraud, waste, abuse or mismanagement in HHS programs. We also review and investigate reports of whistleblower retaliation.
If you would like more information on what kinds of complaints our OIG investigates, please visit our website at https://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/report-fraud/before-you-submit.asp. There you will find a list of things you should know before submitting a complaint to the OIG.
If you would like more information on the types of whistleblowers protected by the OIG, please visit our whistleblower protection page at https://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/report-fraud/whistleblower.asp.
If you are a whistleblower and wish to report fraud, waste, abuse or mismanagement in HHS programs, or you wish to report whistleblower retaliation, please visit our Hotline at https://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/report-fraud/index.asp.
- Issues about Medicare policy, coverage, billing claims or appeals
- Lost or stolen Medicare card
- Allegations by HHS employees of discrimination on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference
- Allegations by employees or applicants concerning prohibited personnel practices; or Hatch Act violations
- Appeals of administrative decisions made by HHS agencies, grantees or contractors, including Medicare payment decisions and contract or grant awards
- Appeals of judicial decisions by federal or state courts involving HHS programs
- Complaints of failure to safeguard medical information, i.e. HIPAA violations
- Customer service complaints involving HHS employees, grantees or contractors
- Allegations of identity theft unrelated to HHS programs
- Disability fraud
- SNAP/Food Stamp Fraud